OUnI’s work in the world is carried out by our devoted, compassionate and open-minded clergy and lay persons who serve in a variety of positions with a myriad of spiritual, medical, governmental, educational, corporate and non-profit organizations.
OUnI members are endorsed to service with the credentials of:
- International Conference of Police Chaplains
- Federation of Fire Chaplains
- National Association of College and University Chaplains
- Association of Professional Chaplains
- College of Pastoral Supervision and Psychotherapy
- United States Department of Defense
OUnI chaplains use their gifts in both traditional and cutting edge forms of service including:
- APC and CPSP certified chaplaincy programs.
- East/West or Integrative Chaplaincy. In October 2012, the OUnI Board of Directors voted to create a new form of chaplaincy combining the Western psychology model of soul care as established by traditional Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) with Eastern models including yoga and energy work.
- Eco-Ministers and Eco-chaplaincy.
- Hospitals and medical clinics.
- Hospice facilities.
- Police and fire departments.
- Crisis assistance response teams.
- Government including the US Department of Homeland Security, the Federal Flight Deck Officers Association, the Civil Air Patrol of the US Air Force and the NYC Transit Authority.
- Founders and leaders of the national program to honor the chaplains serving after the attacks of September 11, 2001.
International Interfaith Efforts and Ministries
- World Council of Interfaith Communities.
- United Nations Committee for Spirituality, Values and Global Concerns.
- United Nations Eco-Spirituality Working Group.
- United Nations Interfaith Harmony Week Breakfasts.
- The Center for Women, Earth and the Divine (NGO).
Local Interfaith-Interspiritual-Integral Ministries and Community Building
- Houses of worship, congregations and spiritual communities including the Common House ministries.
- Retreat centers.
- Spiritual living programs.
- Interfaith airport chapels including the Metropolitan Washington DC Airports Interfaith Chapels.
- Council of Interfaith Communities of the United States.
- A World Alliance of Interfaith Clergy.
- Big I Conference for Inclusive Theology, Spirituality and Consciousness.
- Spiritually Independent and SBNR websites and other social media.
Education, Training & Media
- Teach in high schools, universities and seminaries.
- Write, edit, and publish print and digital articles, journals and books.
- Create, film, produce and direct videos, television shows and digital broadcasts.
- Minister through the Chalice of the Heart community for artists.